Terms and Conditions for Workshops & Seminars
1. Prologue: Semiotx, Inc (dba Peter Fraterdeus Studios, Instructor) will provide training and auxiliary services to the Registrant pursuant to the description of the workshop (the Event) provided on this site (fraterdeus.com), or as otherwise agreed in writing.
2. Payments and Deposits: a. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, payment in full must be received no less than two weeks prior to the Event. A deposit of no less than 50% of the fee is required to register for the Event, and shall be non-refundable within 45 days of the Event, except in extraordinary circumstances. In any case, a withdrawal charge equivalent to 25% of the total fee shall be withheld from any such refund. To assure that the Event is not under-registered, we use a sliding fee scale. You agree to accept that your cost may not be the same as another participant's. (eg similar to the cost for your reservation on an airplane)
b. Registrant is solely responsible for their own travel, dining and lodging expenses.
c. When held on-site, client agrees to cover instructor's reasonable travel, lodging and per diem charges which will be invoiced and payable in advance.
3. Timely Communication: The Registrant agrees to provide timely replies and feedback to communications from Instructor, in order to facilitate the organization and logistics of the Event.
4. Promotional Use of Registrant's Image: You agree that in the absence of prior written notice, your rights to the work produced during the Event shall not exclude our right to display, show or exhibit the product for promotional or marketing purposes (ie on our website, Facebook page, etc), within reasonable limits. Registrant furthermore agrees to allow us to use for our promotional or marketing purposes, without restriction, photographic or videographic material of the Event wherein their person, image or voice may appear. We will make good faith efforts to honor requests to be excluded from such materials which are received in writing.
5. Release and Waiver of Liability: Participation of Registrant in the Event is contingent on Registrant's agreement with our standard Release and Waiver of Liability. The form is available here (2014 Semiotx Release & Waiver), and must be signed and returned prior to the Event. (Digital signing and delivery is quite acceptable.)
6. No Refunds: No refunds are given, outside of extraordinary circumstances, and only as described in these Terms and Conditions.
7. Cancellation by Us for any reason: We can not be responsible for unforeseen circumstances, work-stoppages, 'acts-of-God' or whomever, which may make it impossible for us to complete your job in a reasonable amount of time. Our complete obligation to you may be discharged in its entirety by our refund of your deposit, without prejudice, and disclaiming any secondary consequences or costs that you may incur. Specifically, we can not refund travel or other costs associated with your planned visit for the Event.
8. Cancellation by Client for any reason:
a. If you decide to cancel your Registration for the Event, you agree to forfeit your deposit, per the terms outlined herein.
b. For on-site seminars no cancellations are accepted less that 45 days prior to the event. Unrefundable travel costs for instructor and any other obligations incurred on behalf of the client will be billed and due immediately.
9. Nothing stated on the website shall be considered a binding agreement on us. We are not obligated to accept any job, and our refund of your deposit at our discretion will release us from any further obligation to you whatsoever.
We reserve the right to correct typographic and other errors.
10. You agree that you are accepting the terms outlined herein and/or in our written estimate or quotation by either:
A. authorizing us to place a charge for the non-refundable deposit on your credit-card, or
B. delivering the non-refundable deposit in the form of cash, check, PayPal or other instrument.
11. You agree that the record of correspondence, including estimates and acceptance of estimates by email, will provide sufficient and incontrovertible evidence of the intent to Register for the Event, and become part of this agreement by inclusion.
Semiotx, Inc maintains records of all correspondence and transactions on its various computers and servers for this purpose.
In case of conflicting terms, a signed, written agreement will govern.
12. Disputes will be addressed through good-faith negotiation or arbitration, prior to any action at law.
13. Limitations of liability: You understand and agree that under no circumstances shall Semiotx, Inc ("Semiotx", also d/b/a "Fraterdeus Design Studio", or "fraterdeus.com") or any of its officers, directors, employees, members, agents or representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or punitive losses or damages of any kind (including loss of artwork, data, profits or business or monies invested in events or services), defects, negligence or any other theory in any way relating to the performance and provisioning of any of our products or services. Your sole remedy is to stop using said product or service and obtain a refund as stated/executed and in conformity with these Terms and Conditions. Additionally, regarding the reliability, timeliness and /or performance of any third party companies such as Federal Express, UPS and the US Postal Service or other parties, such limitation of liability shall apply to prevent recovery of actual, indirect, consequential, exemplary and punitive damages. WITH RESPECT TO ERRORS OR NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SEMIOTX, INC, THE FULL EXTENT TO WHICH SEMIOTX, INC MAY BE FOUND LIABLE IS LIMITED TO THE TOTAL PRICE PAID FOR THE ORDER, PRODUCT AND/OR SERVICE.
14. No Warranties: All Semiotx, Inc products and services, including but not limited to, third party vendor materials such as envelopes, glue and other paper products, are offered "as is" and without express or implied warranties or guarantees of any kind. No statement from any Semiotx, Inc officers, directors, employees, members, agents or representatives shall create or imply any additional warranty other than that expressly set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
All legal issues arising from or related to the use of Semiotx, Inc products and services shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois. The state and federal courts of Illinois shall be the exclusive forum and venue to resolve any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or any user's (or any third party's) use of the products and services. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be conducted in the courts located in the city of Galena, Illinois, in accordance with the laws of the state of Illinois. In the event Semiotx, Inc must resort to legal action to enforce any obligation, Semiotx, Inc will be entitled to recover actual damages together with reasonable attorneys' fees and costs.
This Terms and Conditions document replaces all previous versions of Semiotx, Inc's terms and conditions. Placement or purchase of any Semiotx, Inc products and/or order of goods or services shall constitute your knowledge of, agreement with and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and that these are binding contractual obligations by and for you.
The final agreement may amend the terms outlined above.
For purposes of contract law, any contract shall be made between you and Semiotx, Inc, a Delaware Registered Corporation with its headquarters in Galena, Illinois.
Contact Peter Fraterdeus, President, at Semiotx, Inc, PO Box 248, Galena, IL 61036 Phone: (563) 447-0736
These terms may be changed without prior notice.
The current terms are always available at http://www.fraterdeus.com//terms-and-conditions-for-seminars
Other pro forma terms may be included here from time to time.
Typical terms of contract as used in the design trade, including limitation on International Conventions and contract with government bodies, are hereby included by reference.
See Graphic Artists' Guild Contracts for typical language.
Current as of 31 July 2015